Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Chemical Plant and System Operators: Career Information
Chemical Plant and System Operators
What Chemical plant and system operators Do
Control or operate entire chemical processes or system of machines.
Chemical plant and system operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 38,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $59,320
Job Outlook for Chemical plant and system operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -3,500
- Growth rate: -9 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Chemical plant or system operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Long-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.